Friday, March 21, 2014

The little things

Growing up my mom made me and my sisters go with her to the Stations of the Cross every Friday during Lent. I can remember (and I’m sure my mother can testify) that I never wanted to go, but she made us go anyway. Years later I never would have thought I would be attending the same Stations of the Cross on the other side of the world in a different language and at 4:30AM. When my alarm went off at 4:00 this morning I was not very excited about getting out of bed and in my head I pitched a fit, just like I did when I was a child. It sounds ridiculous but just to make myself get out of bed I had to offer up my “sacrifice” to a loved one in need of a conversion (that would be really sweet Jesus if You would just go ahead and convert her now!). After asking for grace and having an attitude of gratitude I, along with the rest of my team, walked in the dark and the rain to the church. Even though it was said in Visayan, all the motions were the same and I felt like I was back at home with my family. Thank you Jesus for giving me such a holy mother and calling me to the other side of the world to realize it and appreciate her more. Love you Mom!!
                                      
P.S.- If you’re reading this please take a few seconds to pray for the conversion of my loved one.  


No comments:

Post a Comment